With desire and commitment it may be easier than you think to become a pilot! The Private Pilot Licence enables you to rent (hire and fly) an aeroplane and carry non-paying passengers for your own pleasure flying, locally or across borders.
As a Licence holder you will be able to convert onto a variety of single-engine light-category aeroplanes. This Licence also allows you to do an Aerobatics Rating.
If you wish to make a career of flying, achieving a Private Pilot Licence qualification is the first milestone along the road of training and development, towards obtaining a Commercial Pilot Licence and becoming a Professional Pilot.
Requirements for becoming a Private Pilot
- Minimum age 16 years; dual flying only
- Minimum age 17 years for solo flying
- English Proficient (must be able to read, write, and converse fluently in English)
- No minimum educational requirement, but Mathematics, Science and a Matric Certificate is strongly advised.
- Medically fit
- Corrective lenses are acceptable
- No height restrictions
- No specific fitness level required
- Please ask if there is any illness/condition you are not sure about!
Private Pilot Licence training syllabus
- Min 45 Flying hours
- 7 Examination Subjects
- Principles of Flight
- Aircraft Technical and General
- Flight Planning and Performance
- Air Law
- Human Performance and Limitations
- Restricted Radio Telephony Communication Licence
- Pass a Practical Flight Test
Duration of training
As a dedicated full time student, you will complete the Private Pilot Licence within 3 months. The more you self-study, the quicker (and more cheaply) you will complete the licence and attain your goal.
If you are unwilling or unable to study and train full time we will be happy to customize your training course based on your specific requirements and availability.
|FIVE GOOD REASONS WHY...
you should complete PPL training at CTFTC
- Close proximity to General Flying area provides the best Value for money in the Cape Town area.
There is no costly holding time for Commercial traffic and no costly extra transit time to and
from the General Flying Area.
Wide Open Runways allow students to learn within a safer environment with large clear areas
around the runways and no transit over built-up areas.
Modern, Certified Aircraft that make safe and efficient use of every sortie.
You will be trained to the same standards as the Commercial Pilots passing through the school.
Training is structured to suit every student’s individual needs.
Join now. Applications are accepted throughout the year.
Contact us for an application form.
|Cape Town Flight Training Centre (CTFTC) is a licensed Aviation Training Organisation (ATO) of the South African Civil Aviation Authority (SACAA). We are required to conform to international standards as set out by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) and must pass formal audit by the SACAA on an annual basis. The SACAA is in turn audited by the FAA (USA) and EASA (European) authorities.